Monday, November 24, 2014

November?

I geared up, opened the garage door, rolled the ride out on to the driveway, cranked over the engine and prepared to head over to the Marine Corps air station at which I volunteer.  As the bike warms up and I adjust my butt to the set, I wonder, "Is it really November?"

Today's weather is forecast to be sunny with temps in the high 70s.  Later in the week, including Thanksgiving, the weather prognosticators are looking for temps in the 80s.  Is it really November?

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't at all unhappy to be rolling along in warm air under a sun filled blue sky.  Dang.  Nearly perfect biking weather.  Warm enough to be comfortable wearing the mid-weight leather jacket.  No winds to speak of, nor dampness on the roadways.

Heading to the base, the sounds of the wind and engine produced that unique harmony so enjoyed by us riders.

As I ride home this evening, I trust the cage drivers will be mindful of this sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment