Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Objective based reclusion

I'm contemplating objective based reclusion, in which I live apart from what passes as today's news.  No more reading or listening to the multitudinous rants and ravings - sorry, I meant to say serious journalistic reports.  No more reading or listening to daily expressions from overly opinionated sops - sorry, I meant to say contemplative and intelligent analysts.  No more hypocritical screeds from progressive extremists - sorry, I meant to say thoughtful commentary.  No more unsubstantiated accusations and invidious hyperbole from racist agitators - sorry, I meant to say important social commentary from respected civil rights leaders.  And definitely no more grandstanding for votes in 2014 and 2016, rather than governing in 2013 by self-serving, unprincipled, hypocritical politicians - sorry, I meant to say crucial commentary from public servants.

The objective of this form of reclusion is happiness.

Yep, the more I think about it, living apart from what passes for news and journalism these days will provide for a happier life.     

Being this type of a reclusive sounds pretty damned good.

No comments:

Post a Comment