Sunday, February 21, 2016

Clinton says she has never lied

Is she kidding?

Here is an exchange between Ms. Clinton and Scott Pelley.  

PELLEY: You talk about leveling with the American people. Have you always told the truth?

CLINTON: I have always tried to.

PELLEY: Some people are going to call that wiggle room that you just gave yourself "always tried to." 

Jimmy Carter said, "I will never lie to you."

CLINTON: You're asking me to say, "have I ever?" I don't believe I ever have. I don't believe I ever have. I don't believe I ever will. I am going to do the best I can to level with the American people.


Focus on parts of the second response (emphasis added).  "I don't believe I ever have. I don't believe I ever have." 

Is she kidding?  

Given her history of proven lies, not the least of which being "landing under sniper fire" in Bosnia, there are two crucial interpretations for her answer.  First, she lied once more in responding to Pelley.  Second and potentially more troubling, that she actually believes she has never lied.  

If the first interpretation is accurate, her dishonesty renders her unqualified for office.

If the second interpretation is accurate, her pathology renders her unqualified for office.

In either case, Ms. Clinton once more displays judgment (and possibly a pathology) that make it impossible for her to be president.

I wonder if the main stream media will give this the coverage it so richly deserves?

No comments:

Post a Comment