Monday, October 8, 2012

Crack of the bat

Ah, the sounds of fall are upon us.  Leaf blowers.  Rain (in some areas) hitting the window.  Kids yelling at youth soccer matches.  And this fall, the political commercials - dang, I'll be glad when they've ended.  But the best sound of the fall is the crack of the ball during the Major League Baseball playoff games.  Even when following a team that posted a lackluster record this season, I become excited about the playoffs.  After countless games, we get to see some of the best and worst of our national past-time.  It's just great.

A follower of the National League, I'll watch the games of those who beat up on my team this year.  I'll root for them over the American League.  Maybe we'll enjoy another World Series like the Red Sox - Yankees!

And I'll not care one iota about the plethora of incipient political commercials.


No comments:

Post a Comment