Monday, March 31, 2014

Thank you

This blog has previously cited the basic positive qualities in the vast majority of our fellow citizens.  The average guy and gal, going about their daily lives, seeking the most enjoyment possible from life.  Hard working, respectful of others, and law abiding citizens.

They are the real essence of our nation.

Today I extend my genuine appreciation and sincere Thank You to those travelling in my neighborhood each morning, as I pedal along on my bicycle for the morning workout.  Mindful of the presence of cars and trucks being driven by my fellow citizens, I realize I am at their mercy, in so many words.  Without their willing participation and obeying the myriad traffic laws, it would be an even more hazardous outing.   

Every single day, I gladly experience patience and courtesy from by fellow citizens.  Only once in the last year have I been threatened by a motor vehicle during my morning outings.  And that was, sad to say, an elderly lady who abruptly cut in front of me (and other travelers).  Otherwise, I have benefitted greatly from the actions of others.

To all of you who make it safer for us cyclists, Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment